Friday

hearting hearts (?)

so when did "heart" become a verb? from that movie I Heart Huckabees? from the etsy hearting feature? Well I feel it's a little like air quotes, it's all of a sudden this thing that is used everywhere! anyway, I'm a big romantic, so the plain old verb LOVE is good enough for me!

Since I'm on a PA Dutch kick, I wanted to talk about the lovey hearts that are found all over Berks County. so, this is how rosettes and hearts were made back before compasses:






This amazing drawing is by Eric Sloane, I'll be doing one of my nerdy historical write-ups on him soon enough, stay tuned.

I've never been a big fan of hearts, I always thought they were kinda cheezy and baby-ish. but check me out, now I'm obsessed:



Hearts are going to be a prominant motif in my new Folk collection (official reveal TBA! ha!) I've made little studly hearts and big flowery heart necklaces and earrings, and even little hex signs with hearts in the middle. Ah, so cute!


(great phila photo by Mingtaphotography)

While we're on the topic of love, I'll be in the city of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia) in 2 weeks for the Art Star Bazaar on Penn's Landing:




It will be a big old love fest with Melanie from Spread the Love (see?) and Kimberly from Chez Sucre Chez!

Come get some lovin' at booth 51 and 52!!

No comments: