Saturday

going international

These dramatic beauties were a custom order from France. very exciting!  I'm officially internationally represented!  My last 4 orders have been from Australia, Sweden, UK, and France, respectively.  That's weird - maybe no big bad recession over there? 



I'm hoping she'll take a pic of herself in front of something very French like this:


or this:



or this!



these pics are from Pia Jane Bijkerk's new book Paris: Made by Hand. (via the amazing sfgirlbybay)

On to my Australia buyer, she was the sister of a friend and she literally bought the earrings out of my ears. AND she's a crafter herself (as well as an "featured" extra in the new bad Nicholas Cage movie!)



She was featured in this great book on up-and-coming Melbourne designers, Handmade Melbourne.

Her hats totally remind me of these guys:



and these awesome rugs.



I love that a lehigh valley girl is making Incan and Persian inspired crafts in Australia and I'm blogging about it in Virginville. small world!

2 comments:

theeasysubcult said...

awesome! actually she's from philly via bethlehem, pa. of course.
it is good to go international jetset!

melanie linder said...

what a complete plethora of awesomeness!