Wednesday

re-wilding

it's that time of year again where I start getting all gung-ho about my garden ... planning fancy raised beds and cool climbing structures. I fantasize about spending the summer in a hut somewhere eating raw veggies and bathing in a creek.

Here are some pics from photographer Lucas Foglia that got me thinking about it...







then things got creepy ...




Come to the country! I swear it's totally cool here! not weird at all!


Most of his subjects live off-the-grid, build their homes from local materials, get their water from nearby streams and hunt, gather or grow their own food. I'm really interested in this but it seems to lead to CRAZY real fast. Balance is a toughie.

If any of you are looking for some fascinating reading check out Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) - a true account of probably one of the most complex men I've ever read about, Eustace Conway. Here's a clip:



and ladies don't get all mushy like you want to go live with him and have his babies ... read the book first!

No comments: