Monday

in the clouds

what I wouldn't give for a hot autumn afternoon and the smell of a drying corn field ...

unfortunately at my old farm (where this photo was taken) the nice hot smell of drying corn was often accompanied by sweet wafts from the manure lagoon.  mmmmm...

I really love single cloud poofs, which inspired the asian cloud necklace and matching earrings. 


As you can tell by now I'm a sucker for traditional japanese inspired designs, and that's true for this set too.  I'm obsessed with block prints, especially this one:

and I have a little crush on the nice old man pulling the prints, I'd like to put him in my pocket:

he looks equal parts calm content artist and lethal mind melt master. love it.  why do all old japanese guys look like that?

Here's another cloud poof photo. so nice. (Shomei Tomatsu at the Japan Society, 2005.)



2 comments:

theeasysubcult said...

nice shirt...

here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzdxseO-gs

Skylark Studio said...

wicked. thanks. so nice.