Thursday

this is not a classic rock tribute I swear

So I'm making up some small little things for the show this weekend. It started off with this little guy ...




I know triangles are all the rage right now but I swear I was thinking a little more along the lines of this.


Hipster Triangles


Then along came these guys ...



so it's starting to look a little like this ...



NOT INTENTIONAL.  Although I must say I'm not upset by this, I will always be a classic rock queen in my heart.  Did you know that each member of Led Zeppelin created symbols for themselves? (Something about runes and possible occult (!) references ... here's more if you need to know.)

I was one of those little sisters that raided my older brother's room all the time - borrowing his Dungeons & Dragons manuals to sketch from, wearing his soccer jerseys,  stealing his Jethro Tull and Rush tapes.  I became a Zeppelin freak at the ripe old age of 12.  We also only had 2 radio stations in town, classic rock and the Debbie Gibson one. ugh.

So I will wear these in tribute, to some seriously geeky rock gods (who apparently like to be shirtless) and to the millions of bad tattoos inspired by them...




If only my brother had listened to Adam Ant, my life could have been so different ... 


1 comment:

Wendy Edsall-Kerwin said...

You must've grown up in my hometown if it was just classic rock or Debbie Gibson hehe.