Friday

re-purposing

it's been awhile friends! summer seems to fly by - what's with that!? I've been doing a lot of behind the scenes research on my products so it might not look like much is happening but let me tell ya IT IS.

I can't wait to share some big projects we have going on in our little village - it will drastically change the studio situation for my husband and I. anyone ever deal with a zoning board and engineers? NOT FUN. but we will plow through and stay positive!



(It's not this easy! don't be fooled!)

And for the "day job" I've been reviewing tons of applications for our big artist in residence. I've got installations on the brain so when I saw these pics from Miss Moss about this installation in Paris by Elise Morin and Clemence Eliard I kind of lost it a little ...



Those are hand stitched recycled CDs. Basically musical armor - I'd love to see what bands they are!



Re- purposing materials can be so tricky. It's the ultimate challenge to create something new and fresh without looking junky. This is quite awesome.



and they look like fancy fish scales - my favorite!

1 comment:

cfzookpr said...

Did I ever tell you it took us 2 1/2 YEARS to get our permit for building our house! I'm sure the Dutch folks who sit on Greenwich Township's Board are all related to the one who sit on Virginville's. Stay strong and don't let them get you down.