Wednesday

how cute is she?

this girl's adorableness is almost too much to handle. that haircut? pleeeez. it's so not fair. 



I feel way behind the times on this project - apparently it's been going on since May. Where have I been?  This little bundle of cuteness, Sheena Metheiken,  has pledged to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. Each day she reinvents the dress with vintage and handmade accessories/layers -  with hopes that people will donate maybe a dollar a day to the Akanksha Foundation, a fund for uniforms and other educational expenses for children living in Indian slums. 



so far she has raised over $42,000!! that's nuts!  Here's the adorable video too:

The Uniform Project Trailer from The Uniform Project on Vimeo.



I'm loving this idea - of course because I have a negative budget for clothes, but more because it makes me feel better about making accessories!

No comments: